Saturday, May 29, 2010

Dear Jackie,
I ended up being quite frustrated with myself by the end of the day yesterday, because I had eaten a lot of junk. I did, however, make sure to add everything to my eating that you require for the Jump Start. Except, of course, for the whey protein shake. But we've been over that... I'm torn because I know that with the first two weeks of your plan, I am only supposed to add your foods and supplements and not worry about taking away what I currently eat. But I spent three weeks focusing on better eating. You would think this would be good for me, right? Wrong. I have found myself eating a hershey kiss here and there, or the popcorn at the movies last night, and justifying myself by saying I was only supposed to ADD your foods, not skip directly to clean eating. But I have to admit, I will be disappointed at weigh in on Monday if I've gained back even a pound from the 7 I lost prior to your book. This morning went well though, I pulled the leftover pancakes out of my parents fridge and was going to warm them up when I realized that if I had the pancakes, I didn't know where I would fit in the one cup of oatmeal and 2 eggs. So into the fridge when the pancakes and out came 6 eggs (I make them ahead of time and warm them in the microwave when it's time to eat them) and the blueberries to put in my oatmeal. By 8:30 I had the oatmeal, supplements, and one serving of fruit out of the way. It's going to be a process, but I'll get there!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a breakfast I could handle I love oatmeal. I understand the frustration part! I've been talking the talk, yet, there seems to always be an excuse to eat what I shouldn't!

    ReplyDelete