Friday, June 4, 2010

Let's Do the Math...

Dear Jackie,

I finished out my week of swimming workouts pretty strong this morning. Happy to report that I ended up swimming before work 4 days this week, and swam at least a mile on 3 of those days. Now let’s do the math. One mile is 1760 yards. One length of the pool is 25 yards. When I swim a mile, I swim 1750 yards, or 70 lengths of the pool. Whew! Sounds like a lot huh? Now let’s run through the week:

Tues: 1800 yds
Wed: 1500 yds
Thur: 2100 yds
Fri: 1750 yds

Grand Total: 7150 yards!

Today I actually swam the mile straight through with only stopping for less than 10 seconds to adjust my MP3 player. I pushed myself a little harder and actually did the mile in 32 minutes. This is huge for me! When I got back into the pool about a month ago, it was taking me about 40 minutes to swim the same distance. I’m really excited because now I know that I can push myself just a little and get more distance into the workout. We’ll see how it goes next week!

1 comment:

  1. Good 4 you, I go 2 days a week in the pool and do water aerobics, and I have been doing that for 6 years.

    ReplyDelete